Twitter

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Not another NaNoWriMo post!



Well, I never thought I'd be one to discuss NaNoWriMo. I'm sorry if you are already sick of hearing it from every blogger in November. 

I joined this year because I began writing a sci-fi, out of my comfort zone last year and while I had many projects up I the air at once, this novel was just not getting written. I would add a paragraph here and there and in a year only had 24 pages, that's sad. 

So as my debut novel launched on Oct 13 I decided right then to jump in with both feet as I always do, and signed up to nano to get this book written. I work best under pressure with time constraints looming over me.  

Writers have no real time constraints, we make it up as we go along, we can finish when we want or not at all. It's our prerogative unless you have a publisher breathing down your neck. Well, I have a few other books I'm aching to be working on, so this has to get done so I can start them. 

Of course, life gets in the way all the time. I got sick. I have tests and appointments and a day job. While needing to rest and work. As we all do! Yet, I still managed to add more words to the the challenge then I did before I signed up. 

I hit 21900 Friday. I may not win it, but I will finish it now. The story is finally building and growing and taking on a life of its own. 

And that folks Is the point of joining NaNoWriMo!

Get your words in, get your book written. 

Happy writing Nov, Theresa Jacobs












No comments: