Twitter

Saturday, December 16, 2017

A Writers Life is Stranger than Fiction

People always ask writers where they get their ideas. Most of the time we can’t tell you that. It’s like asking a human how they can walk, or talk, or think, we just do. 


There are times, however, when Life is stranger than fiction, and these great weird moments can evolve into an entire book or even just a snip in a story we are working on.


So this happened to me the other night.


1:30 I awaken with the need to pee – happens to the best of us – although my routine is 4:00 am – so this is a very unusual time.



I climb back into my warm cozy place in bed and suddenly the room is lit up as though the overhead light has been turned on – I open my eyes and the husband's phone, normally off, is face up and some sort of silent notification came through that woke it. 




Ok weird but whatever snuggle back in…. and then an alarm clock that I have never heard before starts buzzing from the basement of all places!









I’m so tired at this point I don’t even care about the cold house (winter in Canada), or that I’m in my birthday suit, or that perhaps there is a demon lying in wait. 














I run downstairs to find an old alarm clock that my husband had plugged in for the time. The next oddity was that the alarm dial was in the off position! I pressed buttons until it shut up and went back to bed.









As I snuggled in I thought is someone trying to tell me something? Then rolled over figuring if it was really important they could try again, I was just too tired to care.











However, in the light of day, I was pondering why those three unusual occurrences transpired and would be a good idea to slip things like this into my next novel. 





It's a writers Life! Happy writing folks, Theresa Jacobs http://theresajcbs.wixsite.com/authorpage









No comments: