Twitter

Friday, December 1, 2017

When you Hit THE END



The day you type "the end" in your novel is a joyous release. You can relax for a bit, let it rest, get some distance before re-reading and beginning to edit.


The next day you feel lost, you know you have to write, you've set yourself to a schedule. You go to your computer and it hits you, that piece you been working on for a month, a year, ten years, is done ... now what. 



You feel empty.










Sure it's time to start something new, brainstorm, plot, plan, world build. But it's weird. You are connected to those old characters, you feel like you've lost a friend. Maybe they're thinking of you too? 


Okay probably not, or you've created a new reality and we'd all better run!










This is how I handled it, I took the week to focus on marketing. And I began jotting notes for my next novel. I tweaked a kids book I had written in the spring and sent it off to a publisher - fingers crossed.


I read three books for reviews and sent out a ton of emails requesting my own book to be reviewed. This is always time-consuming and lacks results. So if anyone has good tips there I'm open...






As soon as this blog is typed I shall begin writing the next novel. When you are a writer there is never a lack of things to do, only the desire. What's your excuse? It's your book waiting to be written, get to it.


Happy writing folks, Theresa Jacobs

http://theresajcbs.wixsite.com/authorpage




No comments: