Twitter

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Marketing that works.


The first hardest part of self-publishing is the writing.

The second is getting attention. 

As Indie’s we work our butts off in marketing our own work. There’s blogs, interviews, social media interactions, groups, videos, and on and on – you know the drill.
And of course, we’ll try anything ONCE.
The other day I was googling a business, and it hit me, “Why don’t I try putting myself on google maps?”

That’s exactly what I did.

I don’t particularly like that my home address is so easily visible, I’m sure a PO Box will remedy that. But I also am not hard to find if anyone really looks anyway – I figure while I’m not super famous – I’d take a chance.
This is how it looks when I google my name 🙂
blog.jpg
This is the results after only 6 days!

14,720 VIEWS 23 CLICKS cost me $15.19!

blog2.jpg
Yes, it costs money, but you control it. I created a cap of $50.00 a month just to see how that would translate. It’s going well and not costing me a fortune.  You can also create weekly ads (you actually have to change them weekly, which I don’t care for) but I made a call to action, below.
Now people don’t even have to click through to my website, they can click buy and it takes them directly to my Amazon page. 
blog3
Get creative, share events, re-direct to your website or Amazon. Take the world by storm and make yourself known.
I’m always open to discuss – drop me a comment! Theresa

No comments: