Twitter

Saturday, August 13, 2016

To Blog Or Not To Blog

To Blog Or Not To Blog -That is the question.

When I first dove into the, unbeknownst to me, ginormous world of indie authors, I was adamant - I am NOT a blogger! I don't read blogs, as a rule, at least I didn't then, I do now. And what does blogging even mean? I had to google it. It started as Web Log and over time got shortened to Blog....sure I get it. 

Well, guess what, six months or so later, and here I am, a once a week blogger.

After joining groups and meeting a bunch of wonderful writers, it was brought to my attention that blogging is a huge platform for writers. It helps people to either get to know your product or as a fiction author, get to know me. Plus I can share all my trials and tribulations along the way and perhaps save another newbie from some of the mistakes I've made. Or give advice, see last week's blog on how to self-publish on the cheap. 

The hardest part for me is content, as I am not trying to sell you anything, or give my opinions on some product. I am just me, being me, doing what I do, and that is write. 


Soon I am going to have to make the time to understand #SEO better so I too can take advantage of the great wide web; here is a GooglePDF for anyone that wants to dive into it now https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

But for now, I am happy with my small following as I know my content is not interesting enough to appease the masses. Until that day, this is my blog of the week, a blog on blogging. And if you have any questions on starting out and don't want to go back and read all my blogs, just ask, I don't bite - hard. 

Happy writing folks. Theresa





No comments: