Twitter

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Be True To You

Just be yourself. Sounds easy right, but is it is it really? 

And why are you asking is this something to Blog about? 

I thought long and hard about my post this week, in fact, it's a bit delayed because of my deliberations. I have come across some people on Social Media that are self-depreciating, whether they read this or not, I can't say. But I wanted to put it out there that most of us have fears, we don't want to be ridiculed for our writing, or art, or music. You can't let that stop you. Be yourself and you will find like minded people. Even if some people start out with you and then leave, you will gain new people. Don't worry about that. People's lives change, what they need changes, I'm sure you've done it too.

I don't profess to be an expert on anything. Sure I can give advice on what I know, mistakes I've made, cool sites I find, but that's as far as I go. I am not going to create a pro website on editing, or publishing because as far as I m concerned everything  in this world is based on someone's experiences , or views and they may not apply to me or you. (See my previous #blog on It's All Relative.)

There are many times when I feel inadequate, I look at the work I produce and think well that's not going to stand up against everyone out there. And then I say, "Well no,  it's not like everyone else out there, it's like Me!"  This is who I am, kinda goofy, with a touch of freaky, and a dab of rebellion.  

Through my website, blog, twitter, facebook and marketing I am always myself. I am putting the real me out there, showing my work, asking for help and giving help where I can.  Personally, I think that's the best any of us can do.

That's my take on the "writer's life" this week. Happy writing folks, Theresa

No comments: