Twitter

Saturday, April 29, 2017


I'm pleased to introduce you to Matt Snee, his works include:

Leucothoe

Evil Summer

The Cardboard Spaceship

The Year I Slept


His most recent and, most stunning book, is The Year I slept. 




https://www.amazon.com/Matt-Snee/e/B00URCN48G




1. When did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?

In grade school. I always knew maybe from fourth or fifth grade I wanted to be a writer. It was all I ever wanted, all I ever knew. I’ve tried multiple careers, but this is it. 

 2.What are you currently working on?

I’m currently working on a fantasy novel called “Great Adventure!” as well as a sci-fi book called “The Void Crusade.” The sequel to my book, “The Cardboard Spaceship,” called “The Oldest War” is sitting with my editor right now, and I have a couple poetry chapbooks out to contests. I’m also working on an interactive novel / video game, which is a medium I’ve always wanted to toy with.

3.What is your best advice based on your own experiences so far to other Authors?

You have to learn to deal with ugly drafts. It takes a lot of rewriting to get something good.  A lot of writers see their early draft ugliness and can’t handle it, or keep on rewriting their beginnings. You have to just plow through and not care.

4.What of your own writing was your favorite piece?

I think my favorite piece right now is a poem chapbook I wrote called “My Youth: Islands in Time”, which is at contests right now. It’s autobiographical from my birth to teen years, and I’m really proud of the language and images.

 5. A quote by you or your Life motto?

I don’t know if I have a motto, but I look up to artists like Van Gogh, Melville, and Flaubert a lot. I believe in doing art for art’s sake – not for the result of financial success, but for the result of the journey and the end result of having it done. There’s a Hindu wisdom: Do not be focused on the result of your actions, but on the actions themselves. I follow that very closely. 


Your Author name: Matt Snee
Your Genres: Literary / Sci-fi / Fantasy / Poetry

Official website: http://www.matthewsnee.com
Twitter: @matthewsnee


Thanks for joining me today, if you want to be featured on my blog please contact me for more info. Happy Writing folks. 

All Book Genres: Mystery
Who is favourite Author? Robert B Parker
What is your favourite Book and why? Promised Land by Robert B Parker because its structure, content and writing style match mine. After reading Promised Land I thought that I should write my own books
When did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?
A teacher, Mr Hughes, asked me to write the school play. I've been writing ever since
Besides writing, what else do you enjoy doing? What are your Hobbies?
I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, listening to music, watching classic movies and archive TV, researching my family tree, and playing chess
What are your goals writing wise? What would you like to achieve as an Author?
My main goal is to keep on writing and constantly refine my craft. I would like to produce a series of books that my family are proud of, and gather a core of readers who enjoy spending time in Sam's world


No comments: