Twitter

Saturday, April 22, 2017


Welcome Author Brydie Wright with - Daddy and the World’s Longest Poo



Do you ever wonder why daddies disappear for hours on end? Where on earth do they go?
Based on true events, Daddy and the World's Longest Poo tells the adventure of a little boy who faces just such a conundrum. Follow him on a journey of discovery as he tries to make sense of one of life's great mysteries.
This debut picture book from the self-published author, Brydie Wright, will delight pre-school and early primary readers with its honesty and sense of humor. Mums, Dads and grandparents will get a cheeky laugh out of it too.







 




          1.     When did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?


I      loved creative writing as a child and all throughout school. I wrote some memorable short stories, scoring good grades and a ‘highly commended’ in a competition for young writers. I was then completely put off by failing to be accepted into a creative writing course at university. It took me until I was a thirty-something woman to pick up a pen again, during a three-month break between jobs. I have always aspired to be a writer but have let these desires and talents take a back seat to career and life. Now I’m approaching middle age, it’s now or never, with my writing!


      2.     What would you like to achieve as an Author?


 I would love to find an engaged audience that gets my humor and asks me when my next book or blog is being published. There is no greater compliment for a writer. Winning a contract from a trade publisher is my next big goal/hurdle and having someone else put commercial faith in my books would be a dream come true. It would allow me to write professionally.


 3.     What is your best advice based on your own experiences so far to other Authors?


 

I have a lot of advice about self-publishing but I think the best advice I could give to someone starting out is to start building your author platform as early as possible, even before you are published. This would include tapping into writers’ groups on social media and starting to immerse yourself in this space and share your work and ideas. Ask for advice too and share updates on your Author Facebook page. If you have a reasonable digital footprint by the time you come to submit to trade publishers, you will be in a stronger position to be recognized (than if you have no online presence as a writer).


      4.     What genres do you read and review to support your fellow Authors?

    

I love reviewing books for fellow Indie authors and will read any genre as it broadens my horizons and allows me to find great books that I may never have come across otherwise. I have also reviewed (traditionally published) YA and children’s books for Creative Kids Tales and considering I write for kids, I’m quite partial to seeing what else is out there in this space.http://www.brydiewright.com/432085016


        5.     A quote by you or your Life motto?


 “I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”The Road Not Taken, a poem by Robert Frost I’ve borrowed someone else’s quote for my life motto. I wish I could say it is the secret to success but taking less traditional paths in life does not always lead to fame and fortune. As a writer, though, my experiences and choices in life have shaped me and provided me with great inspiration. If I had not been prepared to take risks and do things differently, I never would have come to this point in life, with a self-published book, unable to take ‘no’ for an answer.

All Book Genres: Mystery
Who is favourite Author? Robert B Parker
What is your favourite Book and why? Promised Land by Robert B Parker because its structure, content and writing style match mine. After reading Promised Land I thought that I should write my own books
When did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?
A teacher, Mr Hughes, asked me to write the school play. I've been writing ever since
Besides writing, what else do you enjoy doing? What are your Hobbies?
I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, listening to music, watching classic movies and archive TV, researching my family tree, and playing chess
What are your goals writing wise? What would you like to achieve as an Author?
My main goal is to keep on writing and constantly refine my craft. I would like to produce a series of books that my family are proud of, and gather a core of readers who enjoy spending time in Sam's world




Your Author name: Brydie Wright
Your Genres: Humour. Children’s picture book (fiction)
Your Country: Australia
Official website: www.brydiewright.com
Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/brydiewright
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15893397.Brydie_Wright
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrydieWright
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DaddyandtheWorldsLongestPoo/
https://www.creativekidstales.com.au/authors-illustrators/ckts-emerging-authors/1718-brydie-wright



Thanks for reading and sharing, Theresa Jacobs


No comments: