Twitter

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Networking is Vital

Networking with others is vital to a writer life. 



As you well know, writing is a solitary gig. You can spend hours alone typing away, editing, re-reading, re-writing. Then there comes a time when you must enlist others for help. Whether it’s beta reading your work, giving advice, or just wanting to connect with like-minded people.

There are so many avenues out there nowadays to seek out writers, from Facebook to Google plus to Twitter and all sorts that perhaps you know and I don’t. In fact, I have joined so many “author” sites that I can’t even keep track of them all.  It’s a good thing though to get your name out as far and wide as you can, you never know who may stumble upon your work. (Yes Stumbleupon is another site)

Make sure to connect with others who are not in your exact niche as well. Keep your mind open to new ideas and avenues to journey. For example, I met an author who was seeking assistance with re-writing a book and although I have my own projects on the go, I agreed to view it. After I read the book, my mind starting spinning on how I could help. Diving into a new area I never have before is helping me to learn how to adjust my writing to their needs. Plus, it will allow me to met and perhaps meld into their network – therefore more growth.

Writers are willing to share ideas on your work, ask questions about their own work, and even share contests, paying sites, informative groups.

It will take time to build a solid network - yes less time to write -  but trust me it’s worth it. Get out there and talk to writers, start building that network.  If you need help just ask, someone, somewhere, will answer the call.

If you have a favorite site share it with us here, we’ll like, join and begin networking together.

Happy writing folks, Theresa

No comments: