Twitter

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Oh blogging, is this the life for me?

key-1814642_1920As I dove into a writing career, I thought long and hard about the blog.

Do I want to do it?

Why would I do it?

What do I have to blog about?


There are many pros and cons to a weekly blog. Content is the #1 con – how do you maintain exciting material over and over in a “writer’s life” style blog?

Yet on the flip side, the #1 pro to a blog, is finding other like-minded people to gather with. As a novel writer, I may publish a book, twice a year (if I’m lucky).

You can’t maintain fans/readers if you only show your face like Wiarton Willy, or for the American fans, Punxsutawney Phil.groundhog-day-driving


So, I stopped thinking about it and just went ahead and began. I figured, “meh, I’ll sort it out as I go.

criticism-3083100_1920                                                    One of the side effects of blogging that I had never thought would happen to me, is the seeking validation. I am not a “look-at-me” type of person. I’d much rather hide in my own home and not even talk to people than be on stage screaming for attention. And then I started blogging. People pop in and like, they follow, they comment, and you’ll begin to think, “hey maybe I can do this.” Some weeks blogs are better than others. One week will get tons of likes and shares, and the next, you could hear a pin drop in the silence. That’s when you start second guessing everything in life.

Towel-day-Infographic2

Luckily the answer to life is 42 so as long as you bring your towel you’ll get through it.








The point of this – nothing – I needed to blog Sat, and I did. Give it a go too, you never know, you just might like it.

B-81-363-34

Sitting at Desk with hands coming towards the camera

How do you keep your content fresh? Share your thoughts, we’d love to hear from you, and check out your blogs too.

Sign up novel newsletter, you’ll only get important updates: https://t.co/iK04QLnuo1

No comments: