Twitter

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Writing a writers Blog


I like to keep my blogs relate-able to who I am in real life. I have been sharing my writers journey since week one. Which has only been two years now. And boy-o-boy that two years have flown!

Occasionally people will ask, what does a writer blog about and while I am not going to post others here without their permission - which i admit to dropping the ball on - here are a types of blogs writers create.....




There are the informative, dry bones, how-to..... which are perfect if you need quick info. 





There are the writers who come up with ingenious tales, or insights into real life, and they share these gems with us. When you read blogs like this, you think "I am not worthy to write at all!"   




I've even come across a writer (who I shall not name) that was sharing stories, books for sale, contests, and inviting writers to create short stories in their comment section. 


All well and good! Be creative, share your work, entice people to join in. The problem was they never actually interacted with their followers! I was right in there, enjoying the blogs, laughing, leaving comments, and then I asked a direct question. After a few weeks of no response, I did some investigating and discovered that writer, drew people in like a banshee, made crazy book sales, does public appearances, and yet doesn't interact with the general public who are the very ones supporting them. Therefore, I never bought any of their product and dropped their blog like a hot potato. 



This list can go on and on. Some writers do book reviews, author interviews, share chapters, or stories of their own works. The list is unending. If you are a writer, use your imagination. Read lots, comment too, connect and find what works for you. As I do whatever I feel that week, from info, to woes, to my newest endevour.


Happy writing folks, Theresa Jacobs.

Sign up to my author Newsletter - only notify with important updates.
https://t.co/iK04QLnuo1










No comments: