Twitter

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Recluse

Self-proclaimed Recluse.....Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Why this blog? What does it have to do with you?

Perhaps nothing, are you a writer and a social butterfly? Do you have butt-loads {is that an accurate term, ah my blog I'm keeping it} of friends and time?

I for one prefer the peace and comfort of my home. The TV time with my Husband, the walks with my dog. And of course - lacking oodles of time - working on my writing craft.

But I was reclusive before I resumed my writing; so was it always the writer in me or the recluse? Here is the old chicken or egg conundrum again.

Even when I was hiding in my little cocoon of "I don't want to do anything but chill" I was reclusive. I prefer to be home with my honey, my dog, and my things. And then I started writing, and the need to be home got worse. When we get invited to dinner with friends or family, in my mind I am calculating time.  Time to get ready 10 mins, drive time 15 mins, coffee and chat while we wait for the meal, 20 mins. Then of course dessert with more coffee and chat.... hmm how long do we have to stay to be polite? I have a novel to write, or a blog create. I have to be at work tomorrow at 9am, so that gives me two hours to cram before bed ...oh... wait!  I must watch my favorite TV show episode first, so minus half hr for that.

Yes, I'm a little nuts ... shhh... no one knows!

And then, for the first time the other day, I had someone mention that they invite children authors to a local school to talk to the kids. My brain crawled into my turtle shell head! My response was "I am new I don't speak publicly, not yet."  

Well, I am going to have to stop hiding someday if I want to be a full-fledged Author and market my work. So if anyone else out there in Great Wide Web has overcome your reclusiveness, your advice is welcome.


Happy writing Theresa

No comments: