Twitter

Friday, July 15, 2016

Vacation

I took a vacation from work, writing, and life.

I vowed to myself that while I was on my vacation from work, I would treat my relaxing days; gardening, pool time, or just vegging out, like my day job, and then write at night as per usual.

It didn't turn out that way.

I found that spending my days chilling without a schedule, eked over to my evenings. After a long hot day poolside reading, I would come into the air conditioned house, have dinner, and then just hit the TV with my knitting, or my Tablet, and continue to vegetate.

I didn't even write my blog last week!

I told myself, its ok, I need downtime from writing too. I read five books and just completely relaxed. I didn't worry, or think about deadlines, or projects waiting in the wings. I didn't even write poetry nor do the cover art for my upcoming anthology.

I was ok with that. I felt I needed a breather from everyday life, and I gave to myself.

A long time ago I read a book called. "Don't sweat the small stuff - and it all small stuff."

It was an eye opener for me. It's silly how sometimes we need to read the writing on the wall before something will sink in, but it did. After I read that book, I got it. Life is short, and unless it's a threat to your well-being or the well-being of others, there is nothing so important that you need to get all worked up over.

I do not have an agent or a publisher breathing down my neck demanding my time, or paying me hundreds of thousands of dollars to finish a project - maybe someday - but right now I felt I needed some me time, and I took it guilt free.

I am refreshed, tanned, and loving life. 

So allow yourself some You time! Take a break; take a vacation, even if it's just a day at home doing something you love - perhaps that is writing for you - whatever you need to feel at peace.

And if you need a little reminder on how to find peace, check out this link http://dontsweat.com/


Happy Writing Friends, Theresa

No comments: