Twitter

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Hang IN




Today's blog is for anyone that is considering giving up writing. I am here to tell you ... Stick to your guns.

Writing is hard and time-consuming, but if you have made the decision that this is what you want to do with your life, then it is what you must do.

When you work full-time and have a family, it is extremely hard to balance everything. Find your optimal time slot and make it a rule or a schedule, whatever works for you. As long as you get some time in for your writing, it's all you need to stay sane. Life changes and eventually the kids will not be around as much. Perhaps you'll find a niche and not have to go to the day job anymore. Just keep doing whatever works for you and don't worry about it so much.

Anyone that read my beginning will know that I gave up writing for almost 20 yrs. That is a loss I will never get back. But I finally started writing again last December, and I have been going non-stop since. I have gained so much experience in this short time alone, that I can't even fathom where I would be now had I not given up.

I have currently started a new book while waiting on edits for the first book, and I am so excited by this project that it's actually hard for me to walk away from the computer.  It's all I think about when I have to go out and do other things (like work). In fact, I had to take a break from the book so I could do this Blog.  I was even considering not blogging today - not sure what I wanted to say, plus I'm engrossed in my story - but I know keeping a blog schedule is important too.

Perhaps this one small blog in the great wide web will save one writer and if it does then it was worth the break.


Now I have to go fabricate some demons. Happy writing folks. Theresa

No comments: