Twitter

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Liebster



When I received the message from Susan that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award, I had to read it twice. I was first shocked, then honored by the kudos. +Susan Leighton writes a humorous blog that keeps me in stitches. So thank you for the nomination and if anyone is looking for an intelligent, insightful and fun time .... not that kind of fun time! Check out Woman on a Ledge. https://womanontheledgeblog.wordpress.com/blog/

Before I begin blathering ... if you accept the nomination here are the rules (or guidelines if you will ) http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/

I am not really an essay person, so I just want to give the first nomination to +Debbie Jinks. Who due to an unfortunate bump on the head, now has Anosmia. This means she lost her sense of taste and smell. I am not sure how I stumbled across her blog, but I did, and it touched something in my heart. Debbie is a brave soul that is sharing her journey of dealing with an unusual condition. I commend her for opening up to the world, trying new things, and helping others. Sometimes when I am out smelling the roses, or lavender in my garden, I think of her and tear up. Here is her story:
https://anosmiamyworld.wordpress.com/2016/09/16/strength-in-numbers/

The Other Nominees are going to be eclectic, and some posts may not be for everyone, but that's what makes the world go round.

2. +Paradise's Poet (Tony)  If you are looking for some awe inspiring, jaw dropping, amazing poetry - this the place. Tony's poems are like short stories. They are flourishing tales that stand alone and deserve a spotlight.
https://rarityofparadise.com/about-2/

3. +R.A. Buster is a writer that shares her struggles with writing through anxiety, being bipolar and having chronic fatigue. She is inspiring in her honesty and maybe we all can learn how to keep going through the daily grind. If you go to her blog, I also suggest checking out her website, it's worth it.  
https://rabuster.blogspot.ca/

4. +Sheryl Rose, a loving grandma that shares her wisdom, life's journeys and some humor for you. We all have something to learn, why not ask grandma.
http://grandmarose56.blogspot.ca/p/allaboutme_23.html                                                                

5. +Paul Fairbairn is an amazing writer. He doesn't have time to blog often, but when he does it's worth the read. He shares his muses on writing and a bonus, he shares stories! Check him out.
http://paulfairbairn.blogspot.ca/2016/07/the-real-thing.html

6. +Kerri Fenwick shares her long-awaited love story, harvesting the farm, and life adventures. If you're looking for garden advice or just some love, this is the place.
http://longawaitedlove.com/long-awaited-love-blog

7. +Megan Cutler is another writer who features books, talks about her writing, shares her work and does writing prompts. She also shares her adventures in Beautiful British Colombia - my hometown that I miss daily - so perhaps I'm Bias but check her out.
http://megancutler.net/

8. +Jason Berry who is a book and movie reviewer. His preference is Horror, and because I am mainly a horror writer, we connected. If you want to know what's hot or not in both the Indie and General book world, he is your man.
http://the-bone-breaker.blogspot.ca/

9. +Jayson Toone, self- proclaimed, amateur blogger and relative idiot. I think he is both insightful (at times) and hilarious (always)  he may not be for everybody, but I enjoy reading his musings on life, the universe, and everything in between. http://anexperimentinprogress.blogspot.ca/2016_09_01_archive.html

I am supposed to tell you ten random facts about myself, but I'm not that interesting - really - so here are the ten Questions I was asked by +Susan Leighton.
           
1.If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only)
- I have never gotten to travel far, but I would suggest that everyone go to any country foreign from their own. This can teach young people that life is so much bigger than who they are, and give perspective on other people.
                                                                                                                                                                 
2.What is the last show you binge-watched?
- Cougar Town... I love to laugh and watch all my comedies while waiting for new seasons of Everything Else to start! Currently re-binging Modern Family.

3.What is your favorite food?
- Anything Alfredo! Pour cream sauce on it, and I'll eat it. (Stay out the gutter people)

4.Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters:
- Just do it, you have to start somewhere, learn as you go. 

5. If you had to choose between living with TV or music, which one would you choose?
- Well, that's a tough one! I guess I would live without music. I watch way too much TV to give it up. Even though I did live without for years, now I am hooked.

6. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
-  A wonderful, smart, and brave woman whom I only met a few years ago named Lisa Alexander. She wrote and self-published a book on her Transgender Journey, including the operation,and what she endured. The fact that she could do all this, and live the life she wanted too, brought me out of my writing closet. I'll forever be grateful to her for that. Here's a Link for anyone interested: 
https://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Lisa-Transgender-Journey-Alexandra-ebook/dp/B01A9J6BC2

7.If you could travel back in time, what year would you visit and why?
- 1971, I don’t know why but I've always been obsessed with D.B Cooper. I want to go hang out in the woods of Oregon and see if I can find out what really happened. 

8.The gun or the cannoli?
- While I am not in the habit of shooting mobsters, I'd take the cannoli!

9.Who is your favorite author
?- This I can not answer. I have a “Favorite Author” G+ page where you can peruse my long list :) https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/QJ1jDB

10.What is the last movie you saw?
- Mike and Dave need wedding dates, and I nearly pissed myself laughing

And to wrap it up, for the Nominees, 10 Questions about you.
1. Why did you start Blogging?
2. If you can give any advice to a child, what would it be?
3. What is your dream for life?
4. Where is your favorite place to travel?
5. What show did you last binge watch?
6. Do you have a favorite book that you read over and over?
7. What was the last lie you told?
8 What do you want everyone to know about you?
9. What was your first thought this morning when you woke up?
10. Who do you admire?                

Thanks for reading, I hope you all check out the other Blogs. Pay it Forward and have fun. Happy Writing Folks. Theresa Jacobs.

No comments: