Twitter

Saturday, November 26, 2016

My Inspiration


Who Inspired you to write?

Somewhere out there is a person who inspired you. Whether it was a teacher, a book from your childhood, or a big name author, you have someone in mind.

For me it was my good friend Lisa Alexandra.

I have always wanted to be a writer, ever since I can remember. I used to write daily, I had dreams and desires to be a writer in life and only that. Then when I was young and still unsure of my skills, someone told me that I should give it up. I wasn't very good and I would never amount to anything, so why waste my time. Now being young this crushed me. I still found myself writing but not showing anyone. Then life got busy with work and kids and I wrote less and less.

Twenty years later, yup you read that correctly.... I meet Lisa and she has a positive outlook on life. She's a hard worker, but also a person that knows dreams are possible, she makes all her dreams come true; through perseverance.

In the midst of her busy life, she wrote and published her own biography. When I read it and saw the life she led. The journey she had to take to become the woman she is today - and that she published it for the whole world to see -  I thought I could get the hell out of my small world and change. I wasn't sharing any life altering secrets, I just want to tell tales. Now I do.

It was almost one year ago that I began my writing journey, and it has been life altering, in the best way. Without the bravery and inspiration of Lisa, I wouldn't even be sitting here writing this blog today.

So this shout-out go to Lisa! If you want to learn about the world of a Transgender person, then buy this book. If you just want to see how to live a positive life through turmoil, then buy this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Lisa-Transgender-Journey-Alexandra-ebook/dp/B01A9J6BC2

Who Inspired you? Why not give them a Shout out.
Happy writing folks, Theresa.






No comments: