Twitter

Saturday, May 27, 2017


I would like to introduce you to Susan Leighton - she is an amazing and prolific writer of many facets. She lives up to her status as Queen of the B-List Writers, Part time explorer & All the time groovy. Check out the excerpts (below) and join her adventures from Horror, Sci-Fi, TV, Movies, and whatever tall tale she creates each week. You can’t go wrong following this rising star.



 Prepare to be Entertained! 






THE ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY, JR.
MAY 20, 2017
This sci-fi/western show ran for 27 episodes on Fox from 1993-1994.  It starred the always entertaining actor, Bruce Campbell as Brisco County, Jr. Who is the unusually named character you might ask? Brisco is a Harvard educated ex lawyer turned bounty hunter.


Ash vs Evil Dead (S01E07) “Fire in the Hole”
MAY 16, 2017
While they are walking down the dimly lit corridors, Ash delivers one of the best lines ever in this franchise. “Life is hard and dangerous and sometimes you just have to chop off somebody’s head to survive.” One can almost see the tee shirt.

VHS Revival looks back at some of William Shatner’s lesser known forays.
April 19, 2017
Most people know William Shatner from his iconic role as the USS Enterprise’s Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek. Predominantly a television actor, during the 70s, he made a slew of B movies between the demise of Star Trek and the advent of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I decided to get in the way back machine and take a look at some of these classic flicks.

DEAR CELEBRITY (Just a peek at her personal humor)
Oct. 22, 2016
Dear Gwyneth Paltrow,
You have filled a void for me since Martha Stewart passed away.  Oh, uh, that was a mistake.  My apologies to Ms. Stewart.  Apparently my researchers didn’t catch that fact.  Like I was saying, since I have gotten to know you, I have learned so many new things.  You showed me that you could live on $29 food stamps for a week. Well, for four days but who is counting?  That was admirable of you to tell low income families that dried beans and rice go a long way.


Paranormal Pals: First Look at the Pilot Episode on Youtube
Feb 2017
Shot in the style of Ghost Hunters, this offering is from the production team of Jesse Gouldsbury and Jon Weiss. The show is about two fledgling ghost hunters who are trying to achieve their goal of appearing on New Jersey public access television.


Penance (A preview of her horror factor)
Friday, March 10, 2017
Sweat drenched, I sat straight up in bed screaming at the top of my lungs. Scared, cold, disoriented, I stared around the room. An old television set from a bygone time was playing some ancient movie. The more I looked at the screen, I could see that it wasn’t a film per se but it was like a memory.  Shaking my head and closing my eyes, I whispered, “I don’t want to see this. Please, don’t make me relive it.”

Prefer listening to your stories, check this out



Authors Interview:


       When did you first start writing? I started writing when I was 9 years old. I had an assignment for English class to write a short story. So, I created a character named Timmy the Turtle. I ended up getting an A+ and my teacher displayed it at school.

      Was being a writer something you always aspired to be? Originally, I wanted to be a captain of a starship. Seriously though, I started out wanting to be an actress but then when I transitioned to high school and started working on the school newspaper, I decided that writing was the career path for me. 

         What are you currently working on? A screenplay entitled “Brimorie – A New Age” based on characters created by Theresa Jacobs from her novel, “Sudden Death.” I am also embarking on starting a short film screenplay about a time capsule and the problems that occur after it is dug up, so stay tuned! I will also be covering “Twin Peaks” for 1428 Elm and “Ash vs Evil Dead” for TV Series Hub.


 What is your best advice based on your own experiences so far to other Authors? Writing is like playing a musical instrument. You only get better by practicing. Write every day. Don’t edit until after your thoughts are on paper. Editing beforehand interrupts the creative flow.

6     What of your own writing was your favorite piece? A horror short story entitled, “Penance.” It is about love and betrayal with consequences.

      A quote by you or your Life motto? “Forget about it, Jake. It’s Chinatown.” To me, that is a terrific quote because it is all about accepting what you can’t change.




Contact Info:  

Twitter: @SusanontheLedge

Thanks for reading Folks, Theresa Jacobs 



No comments: